As a NJ Real Estate Salesperson, I encounter a number of couples, who like the first time home buyers in the video above, often think or feel that a 3 bedroom home in a town they desire is outside of their price range or even within their grasps, which is so far from the truth. I purchased my home in October 2006 and I remember wanting a bigger home; unfortunately though for me at that time, the 3 bedrooms, 2 baths townhouses were outside of my reach then. But not so much now. When you hear people saying home prices are the lowest they have been in ten years, I want you to believe them. It’s not a sales pitch. It’s simply the truth.
Buying a home has never been easier with low prices, low interests rates, a dollar for dollar tax credit and sellers who are more agreeable to negotiating. Yes, it is true that you have to qualify to buy a home with some skin in the game i.e. a down payment and decent to above average credit with a proven employment history or income, savings, rental history, among meetings other mortgage conditions.
What you should know is that Buying a home is as easy as following the 5 essential steps:
1. Getting pre-qualified first and know how much house you can afford even before previewing homes.
2. Take time to articulate your wants and needs and be prepared to compromise (not settled-but expect to make some improvements over time, especially if you choose a location or style of home that tends to have a higher price point).
3. Be patient as buying a home is a life changing decision. It is possible that you will have to make offers on several homes before any one of your offers is accepted.
4. Work closely with a real estate professional for Realtor(s) or Real Estate Agents have access to 90% of all homes on the market.
5. If you are interested in buying a foreclosed home or short sale property, speak with your agent first to full understand the pros and cons of these types of transactions.
Post By Audeliz Angie Perez (160 Posts)
Angie Perez is a NJ Circle of Excellence award winning real estate agent for Weichert, Realtors in Edison. She sells anywhere from 12-25 houses per year on a consistent basis since 2005. Ms. Perez is primarily a buyer's agent on 60% of her real estate sales where she represents rental income investors, first time home buyers & trade up home buyers of 1-4 family homes within specific towns encompassing 4 NJ counties: Union, Essex, Middlesex and Somerset County. Many of Ms. Perez's clients appreciate her ability to negotiate favorable real estate deals for them. Many of her clients commented that her research abilities, her honesty, her knowledge of local market trends and her proficiency to manage multiple real estate transactions from start to close are some of the reasons why she was hired as their agent of choice. Please call, text or email Angie Perez to ask if she lists or sell in your town. If she can not help you, Ms. Perez would be more than happy to help or refer you to someone who can.
Powered by Facebook Comments